Orange Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 large egg 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch square
- Cheesecake Batter: In a bowl stir together cream cheese, sugar and zest with a
wooden spoon until smooth.
- Beat in egg with a fork until blended, stir in flour.
- Meanwhile, prepare Chocolate Batter.
- Chocolate Batter: In heavy 1 1/2-quart saucepan, melt butter and chocolates over
low heat until smooth.
- Cool mixture for 10 minutes, then stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well with a wooden spoon until smooth and shiny.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Spread Chocolate Batter evenly in pan.
- Drop Cheesecake Batter by large spoonsful
onto Chocolate Batter and run a knife through batters to make decorative swirls.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 50 minutes or until cheesecake mixture is pale
golden and a tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan on a rack.