Peanut Butter Cream-Topped Brownies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Peanut Butter Cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup Reese's Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons light cream or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally,
until mixture boils. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips; stir until melted.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat with spoon until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies
begin to pull away from sides of pan. Do not over-bake.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare Peanut Butter Cream; spread over brownies.
- Peanut Butter Cream: In bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until blended; alternately
add confectioners' sugar and light cream, beating to spreading consistency.
- Chocolate Glaze: Place chocolate chips and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds; stir until chips are melted.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Glaze.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars.
- Cover; store brownies in refrigerator.