Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can chocolate sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, milk powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In medium pot over low heat melt 4 ounces chocolate with 3/4 cup butter, stirring,
until smooth. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Stir in condensed milk until smooth; beat in eggs.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on rack.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, in small saucepan over low heat melt remaining chocolate
- In another small saucepan heat peanut butter until melted and pourable.
Glaze can also be prepared in microwave oven; in separate microwave-safe bowls heat
chocolate with butter and peanut butter on medium until melted, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Spread chocolate mixture over brownie.
- Drop peanut butter by teaspoonsful over chocolate
mixture; with back of spoon swirl into chocolate mixture.