Pineapple Nut Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square cake pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Melt chocolate and butter or margarine together; blend in the sugar.
- Remove from heat; add eggs, pineapple
and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture and add nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cut into squares while still slightly warm.