Pink Lady Blondies
Pink Lady Apples were created just a few years ago in Australia, from a natural
cross of Golden Delicious and Lady William apples.
Kin to the brownie, this rich bar cookie becomes extra special with the addition
of chunks of sweet-tart Pink Lady Apples. The apples keep the blondies moist so
these cookies won't dry out. Look for Pink Lady Apples with the pink flowing
heart logo – your guarantee that the apples meet the high standards of the
International Pink Lady Alliance and Pink Lady USA – grower organizations
that emphasize premium quality.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Clabber Girl or Rumford baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 eggs
- 1 Pink Lady Apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped
pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts
- In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In medium saucepan,
melt butter and brown sugar until blended. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in chopped apples and nuts.
- Spread in buttered 8-inch square or 8-inch round pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven until cake tester inserted in center
comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool, then cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars.