Raspberry Pecan Blondies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2
sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (about 3 ounces)
- 1 1/2 pints fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9-inch square metal baking pan with aluminum
foil, extending foil over sides by 2 inches. Butter and flour foil.
- Whisk 2 cups flour, baking soda, salt and baking soda in medium bowl to blend.
- Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl until light and
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and beat
just until blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle raspberries over top.
- Bake until top is golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about
- Cool completely in pan on rack.
Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room
temperature before serving. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Source: Bon Appetit - August 2002