- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and/or line a 9 x 13- inch pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the
eggs one at a time, then the vanilla extract, and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the
flour mixture until well blended.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan with a greased spatula.
- Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl.
- Evenly sprinkle
cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed.
Makes 20-24 bars.