White Chocolate-Cherry Blondies
Perfect for a picnic or potluck, this recipe makes three dozen delightful brownies!
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6 ounce) packages
white chocolate baking bars, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
cup chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat
brown sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and eggs with electric mixer on medium
speed until light and fluffy.
- On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Set aside
1/4 cup of white chocolate bar chunks.
- Stir in remaining chunks, almonds and cherries.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and set.
- Cool completely,
about 1 hour.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave reserved white chocolate bar chunks and
oil uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted;
stir well. Drizzle glaze over bars. Or if desired, place glaze in small food-storage
plastic bag and cut off small tip from one corner of bag; drizzle glaze in diagonal
lines over bars. Let stand until glaze is set, about 3 hours.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
Prep Time 30 min
Total Time 4 hr 55 min
The slivered almonds can be whole or chopped, or left out completely, if you
To make cutting the bars easier, line the pan with foil, and then grease the
foil. Bake the bars in the foil-lined pan. When the bars are cool, use the foil
to lift them from the pan and place on a flat surface for cutting.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Blondie: Calories 170 (Calories from
Fat 60), % Daily Value Total Fat 7g 7% (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, 3/2% Trans Fat 0g
0% ), Cholesterol 20mg 20%; Sodium 65mg 65%; Total Carbohydrate 25g 25% (Dietary
Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 19g 19% ), Protein 2g 2%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from