White Chocolate Crunch Blondies
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 16 individually wrapped Cookies 'n' Creme
candy bars (6 ounces total)
- 1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup
(1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Lightly spray a 7 x 11-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. Heat
oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks; set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking
powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the
softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs
and vanilla extract until smooth and blended, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, beating about 2 minutes to blend.
- Stir in the
chopped chocolate by hand. (The dough will be very stiff.)
- Transfer to the prepared
pan and spread with a spatula.
- Bake on center oven rack 30 minutes, or until the cookies test done in the center.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Makes 24 pieces.
Substitute 8 mini Butterfingers bars for the candy bars in this recipe.
Source: Adapted from Gourmet's Best Desserts by Gourmet Magazine
- The Wichita Eagle 10/31/01
Other Blondie and Brownie recipes you may like...
Black Walnut Blondies
Ooey Gooey Melty Mint Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies