Cookies 'n' Creme Drops
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate; coarsely chopped
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cups
unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup
packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 of 13 ounce bag Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Nuggets,
18-20 nuggets, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl set over pot of hot, not simmering, water melt chocolate until smooth;
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In bowl with mixer at high speed beat brown sugar, butter, shortening and granulated
sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low; beat in egg, yolk,
and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Beat in reserved chocolate until smooth.
- Beat in
reserved flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, until just combined.
- Stir in candy.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cupsful 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes
or until cookies are just set and edges look dry; do not over-bake.
- Cool completely
on sheets on rack.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/14/01 9:06:46 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes