- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening or butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream sugar, shortening and egg.
- Add zucchini and pineapple.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in nuts and raisins (if using).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until no imprint is left when you press top of cookie lightly. These do not brown on top.
- Cream butter. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Add more milk and/or confectioners' sugar until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost cookies when they are completely cooled and sprinkle the tops with pinch of nutmeg, if desired.
Dough will keep well for a week if covered and refrigerated.