How to Roast, Toast and Grind Nuts
To Roast Hazelnuts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove the shells of the
nuts if this has not already been done, and arrange the shelled nuts in a
single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast until the nuts begin to turn a golden
brown, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread shelled nuts in a single layer in an ungreased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F,
stirring and checking until they are done. They are toasted when lightly
Bake almonds, pecans and walnuts for 7 to 12 minutes.
Bake pine nuts for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spread shelled almonds in an ungreased baking pan.
- Place in 350 degrees F oven
and bake 5 to 10 minutes or until almonds are light brown, stirring once or
twice to ensure even browning. Note that almonds will continue to brown
slightly after removing from oven.
- Place 1/2 cup shelled nuts at a time in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
Process them in short pulses just until ground. If you grind them longer,
you will end up with nut butter (which works well with peanuts).
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.