Quick Mix Method for Rapid-Rise Yeast
- Set aside 1 cup all-purpose flour from total amount of flour called for in recipe.
- Mix remaining flour(s) with other dry ingredients for dough, including rapid-rise
yeast, in a large bowl.
- Heat butter or margarine, oil and other liquid ingredients (except eggs) until
hot to touch (125 to 180 degrees F).
- Stir hot liquids into dry mixture.
- Mix in eggs (if required).
- Mix in only enough reserved flour for desired batter or dough consistency.
Follow directions for kneading, if required. Use additional flour, if needed, until
dough is no longer sticky.
- Cover dough; let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape dough or stir batter down.
- Cover; let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake as directed in your recipe.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.