Quick Mix Method for Rapid-Rise Yeast
- All-purpose flour
- Butter or margarine
- Set aside 1 cup all-purpose flour from total amount of flour called for in recipe.
- Mix remaining flour(s) with other dry ingredients for dough, including rapid-rise yeast, in a large bowl.
- Heat butter or margarine, oil and other liquid ingredients (except eggs) until hot to touch (125 to 180 degrees F).
- Stir hot liquids into dry mixture.
- Mix in eggs (if required).
- Mix in only enough reserved flour for desired batter or dough consistency. Follow directions for kneading, if required. Use additional flour, if needed, until dough is no longer sticky.
- Cover dough; let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape dough or stir batter down.
- Cover; let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake as directed in your recipe.