Jammin' Tea Cakes
For added eye candy, use paste food coloring to tint the dough to match the color
of jam or preserves used. For example, pink for strawberry or raspberry, yellow
or orange for peach, etc.
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fruit jam
or preserves, for topping
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, for topping
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in electric mixer.
Add vanilla extract. If using paste food color, add it now and blend in well. Blend
in flour and salt until well combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough out of bowl and roll into a ball. Place on lightly
greased cookie sheet and make an indent in the center with a measuring teaspoon
to create a perfect round indent.
- Fill each cookie with desired preserves.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden
- Transfer to cool, flat surface.
- When cool, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Makes 2 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes