Key Lime Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel (green part only)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking sheets with nonstick vegetable coating.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, egg and egg yolk until creamy.
- Thoroughly mix in flour, baking powder, salt, lime juice and lime peel.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick vegetable coating.
- Form dough into 1/2 inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack.
- While still warm, sift confectioners' sugar over cookies.