Lemon Coconut Pixies
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and lemon peel in large bowl until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to lemon mixture, beating until blended. Stir in coconut.
- Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are set.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container in cool, dry place.