Lollipop Sugar Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 ice cream sticks
- Cream the shortening, sugar, milk and vanilla extract in large bowl until well blended.
- Beat in the egg.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into creamed mixture. Cover
and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shape dough into balls about 1 1/2 inches. Push stick into the center of
the dough. Place the dough parallel 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Flatten to 1/2 inch with floured spatula. Decorate as desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to finish cooling.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 11/13/2001 7:39 am.