- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats, uncooked
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar,
and vanilla extract until fluffy. On low speed, gradually beat in 1 cup of the flour
until well mixed.
- With a wooden spoon, mix oats and remaining flour until mixed and a soft dough
- Divide dough into thirds. Place two dough pieces on one large cookie sheet
and the other piece on a small cookie sheet. Pat each to about a 5 1/2-inch circle.
Pierce each dough circle with the tines of a fork to form 8 equal wedges. Press
back of fork around edge of dough circles to decorate.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until
cookies are firm.
- Cool on cookie sheets on wire rack.
- Break apart into wedges.