Orange Butter Thins
- 2/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4
cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons grated orange rind
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add slightly beaten egg, mixing well.
Stir in flour, salt and grated orange rind.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put a small walnut-size ball of batter on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover
with a square of wax paper and press with the flat bottom of a glass until very
flat and thin.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Cookies will be light brown when done.
from cookie sheet with a spatula and let cool on wax paper.