Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
Nutty Fudge Filling
- 1 1/3 cups (8 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- Candy corn for decoration
- Cookies: In large mixer bowl, combine butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add flour with
mixer at low speed. If dough gets too stiff, finish mixing by hand.
- Measure dough
by level tablespoons; roll into balls. Place on parchment-lined or ungreased baking
sheets. Make deep wells in centers with thumb.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 10 to 12 minutes until set but not brown.
- Press down centers of cookies slightly. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to
wire racks to cook completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Nutty Fudge Filling: In small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and
peanut butter stirring until smooth; cool slightly. Stir in confectioners' sugar.
Drop rounded teaspoons into center of each cookie. Decorate each cookie with candy
- Store in single layer in airtight container.
Yield: 3 dozen