- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese,
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 large
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 48 pecan halves (optional)
- Chocolate drizzle or confectioners' sugar
- Beat 2 sticks (1 cup) of the butter and cream cheese in bowl of an electric mixer
on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour with
a wooden spoon; lightly mix just until flour is incorporated.
- Divide dough into
4 equal portions; shape into 6-inch logs.
- Wrap logs in plastic wrap; refrigerate
at least 1 hour.
- Cut each log into 12 one-inch pieces; place in oiled mini-muffin tins. Press
dough into the bottoms and up sides of each cup; refrigerate until ready to fill.
(Repeat in batches, if necessary.)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Divide chopped pecans among pastry cups.
- Beat eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, Bourbon
and salt with an electric mixer on medium speed. Fill each pastry cup 3/4 full with
this mixture; top with a pecan half, if desired. Bake until filling is set, about
- Cool pans on wire rack for 20 minutes; remove cups from pan. Cool.
- Drizzle with chocolate, if desired, or dust with confectioners' sugar.
- To make chocolate drizzle, place 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces and
1 teaspoon shortening in microwave-safe bowl; heat in the microwave on medium heat
until melted; stir with fork until smooth and shiny. Dip fork tines in chocolate;
drizzle over cookies. Allow chocolate to harden before storing or packaging.
Makes 4 dozen.