This is a fun recipe - as tasty to eat as they are beautiful!
WONKA® NERDS® Rope cut into 4-inch pieces can also be used for the hat bands.
- 1 (16.5 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 1 (12 ounce) container prepared whipped white frosting
- Food coloring
- 6 to 8 pieces WONKA® LAFFY TAFFY®, any flavor
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half
- Toppings, assorted sprinkles and/or sugars
- Prepare cookies as directed on package.
- Cool completely.
- Divide frosting into smaller bowls. Tint frosting to desired shades with food coloring.
- To make bonnet bands, gently stretch and mold each piece of Laffy Taffy into
a 6” x 1” rectangle. A rolling pin can be used to flatten if easier. With knife
or kitchen scissors, cut into 1/4-inch bands. Keep covered to keep bands from drying out.
- Spread frosting over cookies.
- Place a half marshmallow in the center of each frosted cookie.
- Spread tops and side of marshmallows with frosting, if desired.
- Wrap Laffy Taffy band around base of hats; gently pinch or twist band close to hat base.
- Sprinkle bonnets with assorted toppings, sprinkles and sugars.
Prep time 45 min | Cook time 10 min | Yield: 24 bonnets
Recipe and photo used with permission from: VeryBestBaking.com