Chocolate-Raspberry Almond Spritz
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, blend almonds with
sugar, pulsing processor on and off until almonds are finely
ground. (Or, in blender, grind almonds with sugar in batches.)
- On low speed, beat almond mixture, flour, butter, almond extract,
salt, and egg just until blended, scraping bowl occasionally
with rubber spatula. Spoon dough into large decorating bag with
large star tube (about 3/4-inch diameter). Pipe dough into teardrop
shapes (about 2 x 1 1/2 inches), 1 inch apart, onto ungreased
- Bake cookies 12-14 minutes until lightly browned around edges.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to racks
to cool completely.
- When cookies are cool, prepare Chocolate-Raspberry Filling.
- In saucepan over low heat, heat cream to boiling.
- Meanwhile, finely chop chocolate and place in small bowl with
3 tablespoons jam. Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture; let
stand 1 minute. Stir chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Refrigerate until chocolate mixture is firm enough to spread, about 15-18
minutes. If mixture becomes too firm, let stand at room temperature
until slightly softened.
- Spread about 1 rounded teaspoon filling onto flat side of half
of cookies. Top with remaining cookies, flat-side down, to make filled cookies.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 12/8/2001 5:55 pm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.