Cookie Press Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Cream butter, adding sugar gradually; beat until light.
- Add egg and flavoring; mix well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients. At this point, the dough can be divided and food coloring mixed in.
- Fill cookie press with dough and shape on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on racks.
- When completely cool, cookies can be dipped in melted chocolate then into jimmies or ground nuts to decorate.