Christmas Almond Shortbread
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 drops green food color
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter,
sugar, almond extract and food color until light and fluffy. Stir
in flour until smooth. Divide into 2 parts.
- Refrigerate, covered,
for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- On a lightly sugared cloth, roll out dough one part at a time, 1/2-inch
thick. Using 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Place
1-inch apart on ungreased sheet. With end of round spoon, make an
indentation in center of each.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Shortbread Recipes