Apricot Cream Cheese Thumbprints
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- Combine butter, sugar and softened cream cheese; mix until blended. Blend in
eggs, lemon juice and rind.
- Add combined dry ingredients and mix well. Chill until dough is stiff.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape tablespoonsful of dough into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and
flatten slightly. Indent centers and fill with preserves.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- When the cookies have cooled, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.