Apricot Cream Cheese Thumbprints
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- Combine butter, sugar and softened cream cheese; mix until blended. Blend in
eggs, lemon juice and rind.
- Add combined dry ingredients and mix well. Chill until dough is stiff.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape tablespoonsful of dough into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and
flatten slightly. Indent centers and fill with preserves.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- When the cookies have cooled, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.