Chocolate Cherry Thumbprints
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 3/4 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- Microwave 1 cup chocolate chips for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at 10- to 20-second
intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine oats, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Beat sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate.
Stir in oat mixture. Cover, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Press deep centers
with thumb or wooden spoon handle. Place cherry into each center.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until set.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips; drizzle over cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.