- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/2 cup commercial eggnog
- 1 egg yolk
- Dough: In a medium bowl, cream sugar, butter, vanilla extract and egg yolks until
light and fluffy. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Gradually add
flour and baking powder to creamed mixture, mixing well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the filling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
With thumb, make imprint in center of each cookie, and fill with 1/2 teaspoon filling.
Bake for 11 to 14 minutes, or until light golden brown around edges. Store in refrigerator.
- Filling: In small saucepan, mix sugar, flour, and almond flavoring. Gradually
add eggnog and cook over low heat until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly.
- In small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons hot mixture into slightly beaten egg yolk.
Return to saucepan; blend well. Cook just until mixture bubbles, stirring constantly.
Makes about 40 cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.