Avocado Glazed Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 large whole chicken breast, boned, halved (skin on)
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small ripe California avocado
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg then flour mixture to coat.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in skillet. Sauté chicken skin side down until golden.
- Turn and sauté other side until chicken is tender. This will take about 7 to 10 minutes for the whole operation.
- Sprinkle herbs over chicken.
- Add wine and butter to pan. Bring to boil and simmer uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes until sauce thickens and becomes glossy.
- Place halved avocado cut side down and slice. Press down on avocado with palm of hand to fan slices slightly. Lift with knife or spatula to top of chicken.
- Spoon some pan juices over top.
- Cover skillet and heat briefly just to warm through.
Yield: 2 servings