Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 (3/4 ounce) slices deli ham
- 2 (3/4 ounce) slices deli Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness; top each with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with wooden picks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk egg and milk.
- Place bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Dip chicken into flour mixture, then egg mixture; roll in crumbs.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170 degrees F.
- Discard wooden picks; drizzle with butter.
Yield: 2 servings