Easy Chicken Parmesan
Serve this delightful dish with your favorite pasta and a green salad.
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ounces dry bread crumbs (regular or Italian)
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Break egg into a small shallow bowl.
- Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken into egg, then into bread crumbs. Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a 7 x 11-inch baking dish. Place chicken breasts over the sauce, then cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top. Continue baking until heated through and cheeses have melted, about 20 more minutes.