- 1/2 small onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 small tomato, peeled and cut up
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- Chop onion. Cook in skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add ground beef to onion and brown to taste.
- Add tomato.
- Add pepper and celery.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil. Fry until almost cooked.
- Add zucchini, sliced thin. Barely heat through.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Makes 2 medium servings.