Hot Crab-Avocado Casseroles
- 1 California avocado
- Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cut avocado lengthwise into halves; remove seed and skin. Cut several lengthwise
slices for garnish; chop remainder. Brush avocado with lemon juice.
- Blend butter, flour, salt, red pepper and thyme in saucepan. Stir in milk gradually.
- Cook over low heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in crab meat. Heat to serving temperature.
- Add chopped avocado.
- Spoon into 2 individual casseroles; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with sliced avocado.