- 1 can mushrooms, stems and pieces or 8 to 10 fresh mushrooms,chopped and sautéed in butter
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Sprinkle of dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook potato and onion with a bit of salt in enough water to cover. When potato is almost cooked, add can of mushrooms, with their juice, (or sauteed fresh mushrooms) and heat through.
- Heat the milk separately. Add the potato mixture to the hot milk. Let stand for a few minutes for flavors to blend. Thicken, if desired.