- 1 handful fresh spinach (stems removed) for each person,washed, drained well and dried
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons diced bacon
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon Grey Poupon mustard
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 ounces wine vinegar
- 1 ounce brandy
- 2 teaspoons shredded hard-boiled egg whites
- Heat bacon grease in skillet. Add diced bacon and cook for several minutes.
- Add shallots and cook several more minutes. Then add mustard, sugar and
wine vinegar. Mix well and let mixture simmer until very hot.
- Add brandy and flame. Pour over spinach, inverting skillet over salad bowl
so that spinach is slightly steamed.
- Remove skillet and toss.
- Serve on warm platter garnished with shredded egg whites.
- Have a pepper grinder on the table.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.