Stuffed Peppers for Two
Stuffed Peppers for Two is a very delicious, old style dish using ground beef and rice. And it's spiced just right!
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. OR cut peppers in half lengthwise. Blanch peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine beef, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, rice, 2 tablespoons cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and egg; mix well.
- Stuff the peppers; place in an ungreased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over peppers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 2 servings