Tropical Pork Chops
- 1 firm banana
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 2 lean pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jelly or honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- Cut banana in half crosswise, then lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- Cook bananas in 1 teaspoon hot oil, in nonstick skillet. If necessary, add one-half
teaspoon additional oil. Remove browned bananas to a warm plate.
- Rub pork chops with garlic. Sprinkle with ginger. Add remaining oil to skillet.
Brown chops on both sides. Remove chops to warm platter.
- Melt jelly or honey in skillet; add mustard and water. Stir to blend. Return
chops to skillet; spoon sauce over them. Cover, simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until
cooked thoroughly. Remove chops to dinner plates; top with bananas. Spoon remaining
sauce from skillet over pork chops. Serve with green and yellow beans. Garnish with
raspberries and thyme, if desired.
Posted by Don from NJ at | Recipe Goldmine Goldmine 8/2/2001 7:06 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.