Shrimp Creole is even better the next day!
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined and shelled*
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours on HIGH or for 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- Add shrimp for the last hour of cooking.
- Serve over hot rice.
* Chicken, rabbit or crawdads may be substituted for shrimp.