Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
- 3 pounds beef boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot, orange or peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 12 Kaiser or hamburger buns, split
- Remove excess fat from beef. Cut beef into 4 pieces. Place beef
in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients except buns; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef from slow cooker. Cut beef into thin slices; stir back
- Cover and cook on LOW for 20 to 30 minutes or until
beef is hot.
- Fill buns with beef mixture.
Yield: 12 sandwiches