Frozen Milky Way Mousse 2
- 2 quarts whipping cream
- 4 pounds 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 quart plus 2 1/4 cups caramel topping, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- To prepare mousse, melt together cream and 2 pounds of the chocolate, stirring
to blend smooth. Chill until cold.
- Beat in mixer until consistency of whipped cream. Pour into a 12-inch x 20-inch
steam table pan, spreading evenly. Cover with 1 quart of the caramel topping. Freeze
- To prepare topping, melt together remaining chocolate and the oil. Stir to blend
- Cut frozen mousse into 1 1/2 inch x 4 inch bars. Place bars on wire rack over
sheet pan. Ladle 1 ounce melted chocolate topping over each bar, covering top and
sides completely. Transfer coated bars to another pan and freeze.
- For each serving: Drizzle plate with 1/2 ounce warmed caramel topping. Arrange
frozen mousse bar on plate.
Yields 36 bars.