Bourbon Buttered Apple Slices
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 4 large golden delicious apples, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat 1/4 cup butter in large skillet; add shallots, cook uncovered over medium
heat for 5 minutes.
- Add apples, maple syrup and bourbon, simmer uncovered 3 minutes.
- Add cider and boil over medium-high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce heat and stir in remaining butter one tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in sage, nutmeg and cloves.
- Serve warm.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes