Cafe au Lait Jelly
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons gelatine
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon drinking chocolate
- Sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup of the milk and leave to swell.
- Place bowl over a pan of simmering water until gelatine has dissolved.
- Stir in sugar and coffee.
- Separate eggs. Beat egg yolks and remaining milk together.
- Stir coffee mixture into egg yolk mixture. Cook egg mixture over simmering water
for 5 minutes stirring all the time. Remove and cool.
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites and cream into coffee custard mixture and pour into a 5-cup
- Decorate with cinnamon and drinking chocolate.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/18/2002 8:44 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes