- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups
- 2 small eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and 1/4 cup sugar together.
- Combine eggs and water and blend into the dry ingredients.
- Dip a tablespoon into a glass of cold water and then dip it into the batter for
a heaping spoonful.
- Using a rubber spatula, slide the batter off the spoon into
a deep pan or fryer with hot vegetable oil.
- Fry 2 or 3 puffs at a time until golden
brown, about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper toweling and roll in the remaining 1 cup
of sugar while still hot.
Makes 10 to 12 puffs.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.