Chocolate-Dipped Cheesecake Pops
These “too cute” cheesecake pops are the perfect alternative to a cake at any baby shower.
Cheesecake balls do not have to look “pretty” before they are dipped in chocolate. Crust is included in cheesecake ball. This all gets covered in a coating of chocolate. It may be a little messy, but everything works out when it is covered in chocolate!
For a richer chocolate flavor, substitute three 4-ounce bars NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCOLATIER 62% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces, for the semisweet or milk chocolate morsels.
- 1 (16 ounce) frozen cheesecake
- 22 to 24 lollipop or wooden craft sticks (found at cake decorating or craft stores)
- Small ice cream scoop (1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon size)
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups (11.5- to 12-ounce package) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Colored sprinkles or sugars
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Remove cheesecake from freezer; thaw for 5 minutes.
- Cut cheesecake into 22 to 24 small even pieces.
- Press pieces of cheesecake, including crust, into ice cream scoop. Working quickly, shape into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Press one lollipop stick into each cheesecake ball. Place on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
- Microwave semi-sweet morsels and shortening in dry, medium, uncovered, microwave-safe
bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stire. Morsels may retain some of their
original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Dip frozen cheesecake pops into melted chocolate; shaking off excess.
- Immediately decorate with colored sprinkles, sugars or mini morsels, if desired, before chocolate hardens. Working quickly, repeat with remaining cheesecake pops.
- Place on prepared baking sheet; freeze until ready to serve.
- Allow to soften for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Prep: 30 min | Cook: 1 min | Servings: 22 to 24 pops
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.