Creamy Coconut Delight
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar*
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese*
- 3 cups milk*
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding*
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 small container whipped topping*
* For a low-fat diet, leave out the sugar and use low-fat margarine, low-fat
cream cheese, low-fat milk, sugar-free instant pudding and low-fat whipped
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-size bowl, add the flour, 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans and the butter.
Blend the ingredients together very well.
- Press the ingredients into the bottom
of a medium size-baking dish and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden
- Remove from oven and set off to the side.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup of the flaked coconut and the remaining 1/2
cup of chopped pecans, mix together with a fork.
- Lay the coconut-pecan mixture out
on a cookie sheet and toast them in the oven until the coconut turns light golden
- Remove the topping from the oven and set to the side to cool. Turn off the
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon
of confectioners' sugar and the instant pudding mix until smooth.
- With an electric
mixer, gradually blend the milk into the cream cheese mixture. Continue blending
until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add 2 cups of the flaked coconut to the cream cheese mixture and blend together well.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the baked crust.
- Carefully spread the whipped topping over the cream cheese mixture
in the baking dish.
- Top with the toasted coconut flakes and chopped pecan mixture,
spreading the mixture from one end to the other.
- Place the baking dish into the refrigerator and chill the mixture until firm and set.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes