Creamy Coconut Delight
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar*
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese*
- 3 cups milk*
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding*
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 small container whipped topping*
* For a low-fat diet, leave out the sugar and use low-fat margarine, low-fat
cream cheese, low-fat milk, sugar-free instant pudding and low-fat whipped
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-size bowl, add the flour, 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans and the butter.
Blend the ingredients together very well.
- Press the ingredients into the bottom
of a medium size-baking dish and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden
- Remove from oven and set off to the side.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup of the flaked coconut and the remaining 1/2
cup of chopped pecans, mix together with a fork.
- Lay the coconut-pecan mixture out
on a cookie sheet and toast them in the oven until the coconut turns light golden
- Remove the topping from the oven and set to the side to cool. Turn off the
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon
of confectioners' sugar and the instant pudding mix until smooth.
- With an electric
mixer, gradually blend the milk into the cream cheese mixture. Continue blending
until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add 2 cups of the flaked coconut to the cream cheese mixture and blend together well.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the baked crust.
- Carefully spread the whipped topping over the cream cheese mixture
in the baking dish.
- Top with the toasted coconut flakes and chopped pecan mixture,
spreading the mixture from one end to the other.
- Place the baking dish into the refrigerator and chill the mixture until firm and set.