Fantastic Cherry Squares
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 28 crushed Ritz or Townhouse crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Few drops red food coloring
- 1 small box raspberry gelatin
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; then gradually add the sugar. Beat
until very stiff. =
- Sprinkle vinegar, baking powder and vanilla extract over egg whites;
then sprinkle cracker crumbs and nuts on top. Fold all ingredients until well blended.
- Spoon into lightly buttered 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature,
with 1/2 cup powdered sugar, until well blended.
- Fold in half of a large container
of whipped topping and spread over crust and chill.
- Place sliced bananas over cheese filling.
- Spread cherry filling over bananas.
- Top with remainder of whipped topping.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Cherry Filling: Cook first four ingredients until thickened then add a few
drops of red food coloring to it.
- Stir in dry raspberry gelatin.
- Let cool.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine May 14, 2001.