Fiesta Style Apple-Filled Tortillas
with Cinnamon-Caramel Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10 plain flour tortillas
- 1 Mrs. Smith's Apple Cobbler, baked according to package directions
- 12 wooden picks
- 2 1/2 cups canola or corn oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 egg yolks, beaten with sugar
- Sundae caramel sauce
- Thoroughly mix together cinnamon and sugar; set aside.
- Brush beaten eggs onto one side of each tortilla; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Add a 2-ounce scoop of Mrs. Smith's Apple Cobbler - fruit filling and crust
- to the center of each tortilla.
- Fold tortilla and spear with wooden pick.
- Heat oil to approximately 375 degrees F and deep-fry wraps until golden brown.
- Remove wooden picks.
- Beat egg yolk with sugar well.
- Heat milk and cream to a simmer and add 1/4 cup
of it into the egg yolks while beating. Add back into the cream and keep stirring
- Turn off heat and cool sauce.
Source: Mrs. Smith's Kitchen
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes