Flourless Raspberry Soufflés
This recipe requires eight (8-ounce) ramekins.
- 3 half-pint containers raspberries
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 9 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Butter for greasing ramekins
- Set aside 48 of the raspberries for garnish. Place the remaining raspberries,
3 tablespoons sugar, and the lemon juice in a saucepan over medium-low heat and
cook until the fruit is very soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the
heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Puree the raspberries in a blender, stirring as needed, then transfer to a bowl.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously coat the inside of the eight ramekins
with butter. Then coat the butter lining with 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment
on low speed. Whip the whites until they form soft peaks, then gradually add the
remaining sugar, continuing to whip until the egg whites form stiff, glossy peaks.
- Remove the egg whites from the mixer and gradually fold in three-fourths cup
of the raspberry puree, adding it in three batches and taking care not to over-mix.
Reserve the remaining puree.
- Using a pastry bag with the large plain tip, pipe the soufflé mixture into the
ramekins, swirling it so each souffle has a peak like a soft ice cream cone. (Alternatively,
just spoon the mixture into the soufflé dishes or ramekins, filling them not quite
to the top.)
- Gently push 6 reserved raspberries into the top of each soufflé.
- Place the soufflés on a baking sheet and put them in the oven immediately.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. The center of the soufflé should still
- Add a few tablespoons of water to the reserved raspberry puree to thin
it out to sauce consistency.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately,
garnished with the raspberry sauce.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes