- Vanilla ice cream
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Frangelica (hazelnut liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Scoop Ice cream into dishes or fancy glasses and place in freezer until ready
to add the Frangelic Apples.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples.
- In a sauté pan melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat.
- Add sliced apples
and coat apples with melted butter and brown sugar. Cook apples until they begin
to soften, but don't let them turn to mush.
- Add a few sprinkles of cinnamon and stir apples some more.
- Incorporate chopped hazelnuts and Frangelica and flambé
the Frangelica until the alcohol is burnt out. (Be careful to keep your face away
from the pan).
- Remove ice cream from freezer and spoon Frangelic Apples over the ice cream.
- Serve immediately.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes