Fried Banana Ravioli with Vanilla Custard Sauce
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled ripe bananas
cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons
finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Powdered sugar
Vanilla Custard Sauce
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 vanilla
bean, split lengthwise
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Ravioli: Gently mix bananas, brown sugar, Graham cracker crumbs, walnuts and
pecans in medium bowl (do not mash bananas).
- Lay wonton wrappers on work surface
and brush edges with egg.
- Spoon 1 1/2 heaping teaspoons banana filling into center
of each wrapper.
- Fold wrappers diagonally over filling. Press edges to seal. Place
on baking sheet lined with plastic wrap. (Ravioli can be prepared 6 hours ahead.
Cover with plastic and refrigerate.)
- Add enough oil to heavy large skillet to reach depth of 2 inches. Heat over medium
heat to 350 degrees F.
- Working in batches, add ravioli; cook until golden brown,
about 45 seconds per side.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels; drain.
- Arrange ravioli on serving plate and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
with Vanilla Custard Sauce.
- Vanilla Custard Sauce: Place whipping cream in heavy medium saucepan. Scrape
in seeds from vanilla bean; add pod. Bring cream to simmer.
- Whisk egg yolks and
sugar in medium metal bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in hot cream mixture.
mixture to saucepan and stir over medium-low heat until custard thickens and finger
leaves path when drawn across back of spoon, about 4 minutes (do not boil). Strain.
- Cover and refrigerate custard sauce until cold, about 3 hours. (Can be prepared
1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
Makes 16 servings
Source: Bon Appetit, 03/26/03
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.